Over the past couple of years, we have had many of our customers complain and have had reservations over there current decking. The problem that we often find is that they love the look of the decking however it isn’t practical in winter, it takes a lot of maintenance and may even need replacing after a short number of years.
The most common disadvantages of decking that we come across are:
- All types of decking are extremely sensitive to weather changes which can make the decking expand and contract often.
- With decking being a natural material, it requires a lot of upkeep and maintenance.
- Washing down
- Stripping back and oiling
- Removing stains and discolouration
- Restoring the decking
- Straining / repainting once it has lightened by UV rays.
- If the decking is left unprotected it will absorb moisture, which will lead to severe complications for the decking, allowing it to rot.
- The longevity of the decking is very unlikely to last as long as other outdoor patio materials such as; paving slabs and porcelain.
- It can be slippery in the winter months, or if any liquid has been spilt on it.
As we have experienced hearing about these issues first hand from our customers, we decided to do some research to see if we could find a product with a similar look, but without all the hassle.
The answer: Porcelain Wood Effect Pavers!!!!
Porcelain is a product which is relatively new to the market. It has many advantages which decking or natural stone do not have for example:
- Porcelain can withstand weather changes, there will be no movement in hot and cold weather
- The quality will not deteriorate in overtime, unlike decking which will eventually need replacing
- It is low maintenance, it only needs cleaning a couple times a year, no stripping back, repainting or removing moss
- It does not need sealing to protect to from the weather and spillages, again unlike decking
- The pavers will not fade in colour overtime, again unlike decking which will lighten with the sun light, and then need repainting
- Porcelain pavers have a R11 non-slip finish, allowing for the area to not be slippery in the winter months.
So, if you are looking to create a decked area, but are hesitant about using decking and all the work what comes with it, come have a look at our wood effect porcelain pavers.